Third time around with this lens. I am a sucker for this type of lens.
- Not 35mm, 40mm, or even 55mm. 50mm please and thank you.
- f/1.8 or faster.
- Not f/2, f/2.5, or f/2.8.
Commonly referred to as a nifty fifty. There are other fine options available, but this a low key favorite of mine.
A great lens for the A7c.
A great everyday lens. As stated in an earlier post:
- Small, light, and unassuming bringing little or no attention to me while being able to fit in a jacket pocket when attached to the A7C.
- Fast enough focusing.
- That added extra bit of aperture for better low light performance than the 40mm.
- Low budget enough that I can use it without much worry.
It has already proven to be a great companion lens.
Are there better lenses?
Certainly. There are also viable options for every mount system out there. But given the smaller size, smaller weight, smaller price along with new life the last firmware breathed into its AF and perfectly good IQ and low light performance this is a lens for those using FE Mount cameras that I would have no issue using for any task.
Well done Sony.