Disclaimer: A hearty pardon me for Columbusing wheel carts for those already in the know. Only recently took a close look at them.
In some ways, I am far from logical. Shocking. I know. While I enjoy shopping for core camera gear I am extremely stingy when it comes to support gear. In other words, stuff that does not gather or capture light. The piece of gear being discussed here many may have already. But this is new to me.
Was asked to take headshots at work today. An easy yes. Could have kept it simple, but I decided to be a bit extra about it.
Had set everything up to test it over the weekend. After making sure I had charged all batteries and as I was packing everything I realized something.
- This is a mess of bags.
- It is hot out.
- I would rather not carry this gear,
- I would rather not make multiple trips.
A cart was in order. Had thought of buying one before but was concerned that a cart would be pricey. As a result I normally just carried everything. This was not an elegant solution and I wanted to change my ways. After a brief Google fit I came across a cart for less than $70. Better still this cart was in stock at my local Lowes and could be picked up on the way to work. Nice.
Result? An unqualified bargain. High points:
- Already mentioned this, but I thought this would cost far more than $65.
- Likely has to do with the fact that this is a yard cart rather than being marketed as a camera related solution. That would normally bring a camera gear tax. As an example here is a cart that I thought was competitively priced when I looked later before realizing that it a) lacks a handle and more importantly b) the price is for the bag and does not include the cart. Check the singular 1 star review.
- Little assembly required. Snap the wheels in. That is it.
- Handle is well designed. Snaps in place when not in use. Extends with a pull. Press a button and collapse for storage.
- Collapses quite flat with a pull of the little handle in the bottom of the cart.
- Very maneuverable.
- Lastly it just works. Today it turned what would have been a pit sweat inducing several trips with bags on shoulder into an easy roll it all in experience.
- Some might be bothered by the non matte black color scheme everything camera related seems to come in and Lowe’s writ large across the side. Me? I could not care less.
That’s it. Glad I bought it.
Oh yeah. Had fun taking the photos as well.